Friday, February 16, 2007

Wonder Woman - Where it all began.


I grew up the 70's, when Wonder Woman and Charlies Angels was all the rage. I remember being a young child, watching Wonder woman with her lasso, fantasizing about dawning that awesome outfit and lassoing someone, anyone. At the time I fantasied mostly about women, but as I got older I also fantasied about men. I didn't realize there were men out there who would be ok with being tied up and taken control of (can you believe how naive I was). As I got older, I felt that these fantasies were wrong, that wanting to tie up women and men was sick. I thought something was seriously wrong with me. Growing up for me was a very confusing. On one hand I was told that women were independent, and they could do anything. Then on the other hand I was taught to be nice and not cause conflict. The only problem was I had a very dominant personality. I expected to be treated with respect but I wasn't being treated with respect. I had no idea how to get what I wanted, namely respect. I would not want to cause waves and I always had a little voice in my head telling me I was being selfish"expecting" anything. Needless to say, I was confused and unhappy. What was wrong with me. It seemed whenever I had these conflicts, I would automatically go back to my fantasy. My fantasy where I was in control and I could do whatever I wanted. I figured if my fantasies stayed fantasies everything would be fine. Hence, I continued my life as being a "good girl".

I grew up in Las Vegas and my neighbor was the lead showgirl in one of the most popular topless shows in Las Vegas. Jacqueline was a french dancer, standing tall and statuesque. She had beautiful blond hair and she lived with her son (my best friend). I am so grateful for the powerful, independent role models I had as a child. As I grew into an adult I would often think of Jacqueline and the kind of woman she was. I remembered her being strong, intelligent and loving. She is what I think of when I hear Loving Female Authority. She was stern and ruled the roost with a iron fist, but at the same time she would love you after she disciplined you (she would yell at me and then hug me and tell me how much she loved me!) I miss her very much.

(Here is a picture of Jacqueline. She was by far the most elegant, beautiful, intelligent woman I have ever known. Tragically she passed away March 10, 1981 after a long battle with breast cancer. )


While I didn't grow up in a feminist household, my mother wore the pants. She ran our family business, controlled the household (servants and all) and took care of us girls. She showed me that I didn't NEED a man to take care of me. That women were more than capable of taking care of themselves (thank you very much!) This gave me a skewed outlook of men. If we didn't need men because we took care of ourselves completely, then what good were men? Well, they were good for sex. With my limited scope of what purpose men served I attracted some doosies. The men I was hopelessly attracted to were boys that needed to be broken. They were macho men, shut down emotionally and downright cold hearted. I didn't understand that these boys were really broken from society and that they needed and craved Loving Female Authority. They were submissive men on the inside who desperately needed a strong woman to guide them. Foolish me didn't understand this.
Now that I am older and wiser, I understand this perfectly. While I have battled with myself over accepting my true self, so has my husband. He has those pesky little voices telling him "real men" don't do this or that. Real men dominate, they don't get dominated. I never thought I would say this but I am so glad I am in my 30's. I have finally matured and left my silly girlish ways behind. I accept myself just the way I am. I know now that I can be dominant without being a total bitch. See FemDom is not about being a bitch. It is about teaching and guiding my submissive into being a better man.
In today's society, men do not know how to treat women. They think that since women are independent, and can take care of themselves, that they don't need to love and adore them. That is the furthest thing from the truth. The first thing I expect out of my husband is adoration and respect. I deserve that and he needs to give me that. He needs to be taught what pleases me, because no one ever taught him that. Well, HELLO, I have assumed that job completely.
Since we have embarked on this journey, my husband is happier than ever. My expectations are clearly set and anything less is unacceptable. He makes coffee for me in the morning and shows his devotion each day by kissing my feet to wake me up. When he gets home from work he cooks dinner (most days, I absolutely hate to cook). He rubs my feet and tickles and massages my back. These little things reaffirm our marriage dynamic everyday. When he does get that little voice in his head, I reassure him that submissive men are better men, because their top priority is to make their wives (or gf's) happy. Every man wants that, they just don't know how to do it. Hopefully, more and more men will discover Loving Female Authority. I think our society would be much better if more men devoted themselves to their wives. In the end, women want love, affection, and most of all, adoration. That is the bottom line!


6 comments:

saratoga said...

Mrs.Claudia-

I totally agree that ina FemDom relationship/marriage, one of the most important benefits is that the Domina's expectations are clearly set and anything less is unacceptable.. ..... These little things reaffirm our marriage dynamic everyday. When he does get that little voice in his head, I reassure him that submissive men are better men, because their top priority is to make their wives (or gf's) happy. Every man wants that, they just don't know how to do it.

The clear, asymmetric expression of the Female's desires, and the male's explicit consent to please Her by fulfilling them, is a fundamental key to why an alternative lifestyle FemDom relationship can be so much healthier than vanilla ones.

Personally, I would go further and suggest, from personal experience, that the alternative lifestyle elements, as I wrote in a post today,The Transformational Nature of Punishment, cement those clear understandings in ways no other relationship style does.

-saratoga

helpmate hubby said...

Dear Mrs. Claudia.

Thank you for that nice little tribute to Wonder Woman, i had forgotten the affect that she had on me growing up. I remember know having fantasies about being a bad guy she lassoed and subdued, and also about being held captive and rescued by her, whisking me away from the bad guys in her arms. I had similar fantasies about Cat Woman and the Princess Ardala character from "Buck Rogers" as well and i suspect those to characters played a significant part in shaping who i am today.

BTW i love your blog and can't wait to read more from you! Your a great writer and will do wonders for advocating the female-led relationship lifestyle. Thanks for your contributions that help build our community.

cagedone said...

Hi Mrs Claudia,

I will too be interested in reading your blog. I am far from a prefect submissive, although i think there are so many differant types of submissive that its hard to make a single lable that covers us all.

Interesting that my wife is also about 3 years older than I, and judging by wonder woman probably roughly the same age. We have been married for 14 years or so, but never entered into a D/S played any sex games before. Sarah has never really had much of a libido :(

I wish my wife would revel in the power she has over me but the power seems to be of only little interest, perhaps because her time is so valuable with looking after 4 kids, still the games we are playing are at least a step in the right direction even if its not everyones perfect journey.

Wishing you well with your blog :)

Polyfetishist said...

The very early 1930s Wonder Woman comic books actually did talk about things like "loving obedience to authority." And shackles and discipline were used to help people become more moral.

The character was created by and originally written by a psychologist who certainly knew what subtext he was adding to children's comics. But they were such innocent times that all went over the head of most of the readers. Even now some of them make for kinky reading.

Catwomanslair said...

"On one hand I was told that women were independent, and they could do anything. Then on the other hand I was taught to be nice and not cause conflict. The only problem was I had a very dominant personality. I expected to be treated with respect but I wasn't being treated with respect. I had no idea how to get what I wanted, namely respect. I would not want to cause waves and I always had a little voice in my head telling me I was being selfish"expecting" anything. Needless to say, I was confused and unhappy. What was wrong with me. It seemed whenever I had these conflicts, I would automatically go back to my fantasy. My fantasy where I was in control and I could do whatever I wanted. I figured if my fantasies stayed fantasies everything would be fine. Hence, I continued my life as being a "good girl"."

Wow, you really nailed it on the head for me. I have often told s2c that women get a lot of mixed messages and your post really summed it up. When in doubt, it not be uncommon to learn to keep it to youself. Until I "came out", I lived my Dominant fantasies in my head. Thanks for giving voice to what a lot of women experience.

Pacha said...

Dear Mrs Claudia

I am completely in awe at your strength as a women, but I see it has taken you some time to realise this! I too am in my 30's and have recently entered into the most loving relationship with a submissive man who seeks Femdom. I am 100% willing to try this as I can see the benefits. It is not something I have ever considered, and I am struggling to understand some of it as I think I have issues as a women. Seeing the adoration/respect as something selfish (I know it's not), but I have never had this in the past. I have always been a giver. I work full time, I am a 'soon to be divorced' mother of two, I have studied to degree level and have even worked two jobs to make ends meet. Putting everything in to perspective, I can see that I have achieved great things, and clearly deserve to be devoted by a submissive. I was hoping you may be able to give me some tips on how to accept these things, and set ground rules for my submissive!!

Many thanks for you advice.