Thursday, April 12, 2007

Deciding to join a local BDSM Group.


On Ms. Rika's forum she opened a resolutions for 2007 for her members. Each member was encouraged to post their resolutions for 2007 and she would check back quarterly to see how everyone was doing. At the beginning of April Ms. Rika checked to see how we were doing. I had two resolutions. My first was to join our local BDSM group. My second was to be consistant on pushing my husband to deeper levels of submission. I am happy to report that I have done both. I look back over the past 6 months on different message boards I am part of and I am amazed at far we have both come in such a short time. By far I think the decision I made to join our local support group has contributed to our maturity. It allows both of us to interact, in real time, with other like minded people. We have met both sides of the coin. Our group is pansexual, which means they accept both Male and Female Dom/mes. Likewise, they also accept both male submissives and female submissives.
What I really like about being part of a pansexual group is the diversity. I can chat with female submissives differently then I do with males. My husband has also met a few male submissives that are very similar in personality to himself. This gives him the opportunity to share his trials and tribulations with other men who understand what it is to be submissive. I have also met some wonderful FemDom's, as well as MaleDom's. I have shared with my female friends ideas, frustrations and techniques. It is one thing to read how to make a rope harness, it is something quite different to have it shown to you in person. I firmly believe that opening up myself and my life to others in this lifestyle has helped me to grow and accept myself and my Dominant desires.
So, I would highly recommend to any new couples in this lifestyle to join their local group. Here is a link that shows all the groups across the country (and Europe I believe). There is also another list here but I like the first link better. Let me know how things go if you join your local group.

3 comments:

strongnsubmissive said...

Munches are a wonderful place to put a human face on this whole thing. I've met some amazing people at munches, people that were instrumental in helping me understand my sexuality. I'm glad you found the group Ms Claudia.

Ms Alice said...

Lucky you!
It's perfect to have the opportunity of meeting with other people who are into the D/s.
Unfortunatelly, there's no such group in Greece.

Mrs. Claudia said...

Bummer Ms. Alice,

I love our group and I have to say our little "family" is the best. I am sorry to hear there are no groups in Greece. Have you ever thought about starting one?